Sunday, October 21, 2012

Midterms and Bedbugs



The Midterm season has passed with a lot of insanity, blow-ups, and freak-outs I experienced in only two days.   I got two Cs, a B and an A in my classes. I’m proud of the fact that I didn’t get a D on my midterms; I want to work the Cs I got up to a B, a B into an A, and keep my A where it is and work to maintain it.  Last semester, I almost received straight A’s and I was proud of that accomplishment.  I know of people who have dropped the classes I’m in. I’ve always wondered why they would do that, I can speculate on that later. The only thing I’m worried about is me and keeping my grades from dropping.

On a more serious note, I saw something move on my bedroom wall as though it belonged there. Grabbing my camera, I got a closer look and saw that it was a bedbug. Immediately, my mind raced to the time in Washington, DC where I experienced bedbugs for the very first time.  I have a fear of all bugs, even those that are seemingly innocent. When I see one of those creatures, I want to run for the hills. I showed the picture to my landlord, and she called an exterminator to come out and kill them.  As an added precaution, I put everything I owned in plastic bags, washed my clothes at the Laundromat, got mattress and pillow protectors, I tossed out my bedding, got new bedding and the room is spotless.  The exterminator came over and put a bedbug bomb in my bedroom. 
Bugs should be eradicated from this planet! Photo by Sharon Pearson

Since the exterminator came, I haven’t seen any bedbugs come out of the walls as of yet.  My landlord has the receipt from the visit. 

I wasn’t feeling well last week when I posted a video.  I’m working on a new video and it’s going to be on something I am involved in at school.