Sunday, October 28, 2012

Cold and Flu Season is Here

I do not like being sick. I guess that's the price to pay when you live in a city where the weather changes every five minutes.

For a couple of weeks now, I've been coughing up a lung, and maybe some other organs I don't know exist.  I did go to the doctor and I am a mess.  I have a lot of chest congestion and I'm on a lot of antibiotics.  I still have a long way for the coughing to end completely.  While I wait, I'm going to keep working on my assignments, learn all I can in school and strive for good grades. I can't allow anything to stop me from achieving my goals. 

I wrote an all-new poem yesterday during a break I gave myself while studying for an upcoming quiz.  It's called "Panic."

Panic

Copyright 2012 All rights reserved.

Oh my god
I can't breathe
Walls are caving in
Am I in a box?
It's too dark
I can't see
What's that noise?
Nose, gone
Hands and feet, stiff
Eyes glued shut
Mouth sewn shut
Head, stiff
Body, cold
Heart's not beating
I can't move
Oh, eternal slumber
Come to me