Sunday, November 4, 2012

The Weekend

I had a great weekend. Friday, I got inducted into Phi Theta Kappa, and Saturday I attend the 91st annual ACP/CMA National College Media Convention.  I learned about putting together a portfolio and resume for potential employers and about working in the newsroom.  After the convention, I went with a friend to the Water Tower and had a retail therapy session before heading to the Hard Rock Cafe, located on Dearborn and Ontario Streets.  Usually, my weekends are reserved for my homework in all of my classes; these were two events I committed to partake in and I wanted to honor those commitments.  I'm almost complete with one assignment for French class, and I have to work on a ten-page report for my political science class as well as a presentation on COPD and emphysema for my human biology class as well. 

The semester is almost over, and I have to complete my assignments and get good grades.