Sunday, September 30, 2012

What's Fun?



I don’t go out and have fun anymore. I work.

The few times I have “fun” is when I watch YouTube  videos by some of my favorite music groups and/or singers that I grew up listening to on the radio, and old skits from Saturday Night Live.  On the occasion that I get a free moment from studying, I would make use of my Facebook and see what some people I know are talking about.  Sometimes, there’s drama, and there’s spoilers of television shows I’ve yet to watch.  I like those in particular, because I don’t really watch television anymore, except for the news.

I used to go to Six Flags Great America all of the time, because I had a season pass and a couple of my friends are roller coaster enthusiasts.   I go along with them and take pictures. I haven’t gone to the theme park in several years, and I miss it.  The last time I went was nearly ten years ago when roller coaster Shock Wave left the theme park.  I got a picture taken with a zombie that same year at Fright Fest and someone from an S&M site asked if I was a submissive. That’s a different story for another day.

My skeletal friend at Fright Fest, 2003. Photo by Sharon Pearson.

The dismantling of Shock Wave, 2003. Photo by Sharon Pearson. 


 I would like to go out and have fun again. I can wait until the semester's over.